Since inception, Watauga Group has enjoyed a stellar reputation based on its strong commitments to clients and employees. Your success and the Company’s continued success is dependent on the continuation of this reputation which includes:
- Keeping personal focus in alignment with the Company’s
- Collaborating either directly or indirectly with clients to maximize
- Demonstrating initiative and creative thinking by offering viable
- Never wavering from the delivery of exemplary client focus and
- Taking ownership of actions, duties, tasks and
- Always acting in a professional manner as to not bring discredit to the
- Consistently performing at the highest level
It is imperative Watauga Group employees perform quality work within deadlines with or without supervision, interact professionally with other employees and clients, provide exemplary client service to clients and vendors, understand the importance of teamwork, work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating work efforts with other employees and others deemed necessary and to maintain and strengthen client relationships.
It is imperative to have a vast and current working knowledge of the software sustaining Watauga Group. It is the responsibility of all Watauga Group employees to utilize the software selected by Watauga Group to track activities, ensure information is consistently maintained, is accurate and is kept current daily. All corporate data must be maintained in Watauga Group’s software and may not be maintained or transferred outside of the Watauga Group or maintained or transferred to any personally owned devices.
Highly sensitive and confidential information must be held in the strictest confidence. It is crucial a reasonable degree of care is exercised to prevent disclosure to others. No one shall enter, or attempt to enter, any agreement with any person or entity that would bind the Watauga Group, without the prior written consent of Charles Osborne, CVO. No one will be permitted to disclose any intellectual property or knowledge gained as the result of employment with the
Watauga Group unless instructed to disseminate such information in a written communication from Charles Osborne, CVO.
The duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to those listed below. These duties and responsibilities may be modified at any time by Management. Modifications will be in writing and will be acknowledged by both parties.
- Working in and expanding knowledge across all forms of Programmatic Media including Paid Search, Social, Display, Video, Native, etc.
- Assists in the execution, optimization and reporting of campaigns
- Assists in developing marketing strategies across all digital media channels
- Monitor campaign performance to ensure pacing, budget allocation and KPI goals are being met
- Analyze platform data and analytics metrics to assist in providing feedback to the Digital Analyst/Planner
- Process platform spend levels in billing system to reconcile planned budgets/vendor bills
- Stay current with new advances and opportunities in the digital marketing landscape
- Analytical/Strategic Thinking
- Client Service and Focus
- Creative Thinking
- Communication – Written, Oral, Public Speaking and Presenting
- Decision Making/Decisiveness
- Learning Support and Continuous Learning
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Teamwork/Cooperation/Working with Others
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree from an accredited College or University
- Minimum (1) years’ experience in the industry or a related industry
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Google AdWords/Analytics Certification Preferred – Certifications to be completed within 90 days of hire
- Paid Social Platform Experience – Facebook/Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Satisfactory background check
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- Able to lift and carry 20 pounds
- Able to sit for prolonged periods of time at a computer
|Job Category||Analyst, Digital, Media|