The ideal candidate is eager to gain hands on experience in the Media Industry and learn all aspects of planning & buying across digital and traditional media to better understand what career path is most fitting for them after graduation. Many internships turn in to full time positions within our agency as we prefer to grow and promote a team from within. We are a family who work closely together, put our people first and build lasting relationships with clients. We are looking for candidates that share similar values, hardworking and looking to take the next step in developing their career.
In this role, you’ll work alongside a senior media team and learn what it takes to plan and execute paid media campaigns of various sizes & scopes.
What you can expect to learn:
• Advanced Excel skills through training courses and hands on experience with managing client documents like flowcharts, spec sheets, reporting, etc.
• Understanding of basic media math
• Research & Planning Tools – learning how to pull data and analyze data through MRI, comScore, SRDS, Media Audit & others.
• Broadcast Buying 101 – How to buy TV, Radio, Cable
• Digital Media 101 – Paid Search, Social, Display/Video – overview of the digital media buying process and how our team plans and manages campaigns (vs. outsourcing to other vendors)
• Planning & Buying Print, OOH and other traditional and non-traditional media via POV’s and client projects
• Exposure to current media trends via rep meetings and client planning
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those listed below.
• Manage day to day tasks and workload to ensure client and partner agency deadlines are met
• Assist in preparation of media authorizations, traffic sheets, update/actualize flowcharts, billing reconciliation and other administrative duties crucial to campaign execution.
• Assist with the analysis of media delivery and proof of performance recaps
• Attend meetings and training sessions as directed by Supervisor
• Compile and analyze relevant media research data to assist in campaign planning including, but not limited to MRI, Scarborough, Media Audit, comScore, Nielsen and SRDS
• Develop a general understanding of media math, media buying software, and media research tools/software.
• Monitor market for new media trends and advertising opportunities.
• Analytical/Strategic Thinking
• Communication/Written/Oral/Public Speaking/Presenting
• Creative Thinking
• Customer Service/Focus
• Learning Support/Continuous Learning
• Problem Solving
• Teamwork/Cooperation/Working with Others
• Junior or Senior majoring in Advertising, Marketing or similar fields
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Able to work a flexible schedule at a minimum of 15 hours/week
• Able to sit for prolonged periods of time at a computer