You are expected to be professional, engaged and to consistently perform at the highest level of your ability. The performance of your duties and responsibilities should be in direct alignment with Watauga Group’s focus:
- WHERE BUSINESS MEETS ADVERTISING – We’re the business side of advertising; a team of fun, independent, senior-level media strategists who provide expert media planning and buying services for clients around the country.
- OUTSTANDING RECORD – We’ve made media planning and buying smarter and more effective, to help clients get the most out of their campaigns.
- FOCUS ON MEDIA – At Watauga, we are a company focused exclusively on media research, planning and buying. We don’t do production, we don’t do social — instead, we partner with a lot of cool people who do, maximizing the reach of their work in the best way possible.
It is imperative Watauga Group employees perform quality work within deadlines with or without supervision, interact professionally with other employees and clients, provide exemplary customer service to clients and vendors, understand the importance of teamwork, work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating work efforts with other employees and others deemed necessary and to maintain and strengthen client relationships.
It is imperative to have a vast and current working knowledge of the software sustaining Watauga Group. It is the responsibility of all Watauga Group employees to utilize the software selected by Watauga Group to track activities, ensure information is consistently maintained, is accurate and is kept current daily. All corporate data must be maintained in Watauga Group’s software and may not be maintained or transferred outside of the Watauga Group or maintained or transferred to any personally owned devices.
Highly sensitive and confidential information must be
held in the strictest confidence. It is crucial a reasonable degree of care is
exercised to prevent disclosure to others. No one shall enter, or attempt to
enter, any agreement with any person or entity that would bind the Watauga
Group, without the prior written consent of Charles Osborne, CVO. No one will
be permitted to disclose
any intellectual property or knowledge gained as the result of employment with the Watauga Group unless instructed to disseminate such information in a written communication from Charles Osborne, CVO.
The duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to those listed below. These duties and responsibilities may be modified at any time by Management. Modifications will be in writing and will be acknowledged by both parties.
- Support the Planning Team by using planning tools including MRI, SQAD, Media Audit, and SRDS
- Oversee plan and budget data execution in the form of contract execution and insertion orders
- Manage plan changes and the timely communication of changes to Implementation Teams and 3rd party media vendors
- Provide strategic recommendations based on analysis of client KPIs (POVs)
- Work in tandem with Supervisor to prepare channel neutral media plans, including but not limited to, television, radio, print, OOH, digital and events
- Develop recommendations on target audience and geography analysis, budget allocation across channels, scheduling, support levels and reporting
- Develop and review RFPs
- Assist in the development of plan metrics, analysis and other KPI related reports
- Partner with Implementation Teams to ensure deliverables align with plan strategies, ensure timelines are met and programs/results are presented holistically to the end user
- Assist with the client billing process
- Attend meetings with customers, departmental meetings, training sessions and brainstorming sessions as directed
- Analytical/Strategic Thinking
- Creative Thinking
- Customer Service/Focus
- Communication/Written/Oral/Public Speaking/Presenting
- Decision Making/Decisiveness
- Learning Support/Continuous Learning
- Problem Solving
- Teamwork/Cooperation/Working with Others
- BA or BS Degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience working in an agency or working in a related field
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Working knowledge of DoubleClick
- Working knowledge of Media Ocean and IMS software
- Satisfactory background check
- Able to lift and carry 20 pounds
- Able to sit for prolonged periods of time at a computer