You are expected to be professional, engaged and to consistently perform at the highest level of your ability. The performance of your duties and responsibilities should be in direct alignment with Watauga Group’s focus:
- WHERE BUSINESS MEETS ADVERTISING – We’re the business side of advertising; a team of fun, independent, senior-level media strategists who provide expert media planning and buying services for clients around the country.
- OUTSTANDING RECORD – We’ve made media planning and buying smarter and more effective, to help clients get the most out of their campaigns.
- FOCUS ON MEDIA – At Watauga, we are a company focused exclusively on media research, planning and buying. We don’t do production, we don’t do social — instead, we partner with a lot of cool people who do, maximizing the reach of their work in the best way possible.
It is imperative Watauga Group employees perform quality work within deadlines with or without supervision, interact professionally with other employees and clients, provide exemplary client service to clients and vendors, understand the importance of teamwork, work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating work efforts with other employees and others deemed necessary and to maintain and strengthen client relationships.
This role, is an integral part of the leadership team and meaningful contributions to the Company are mandatory. Success in this role will be evidenced by offering viable solutions, understanding the discovery of solutions goes beyond points and impressions, maintaining a positive demeanor, the ability to create excellent work product, demonstrating a collaborative spirit, exuding contagious energy and active listening skills.
It is imperative to have a vast and current working knowledge of the software sustaining Watauga Group. It is the responsibility of all Watauga Group employees to utilize the software selected by Watauga Group to track activities, ensure information is consistently maintained, is accurate and is kept current daily. All corporate data must be maintained in Watauga Group’s software and may not be maintained or transferred outside of the Watauga Group or maintained or transferred to any personally owned devices.
Highly sensitive and confidential information must be held in the strictest confidence. It is crucial a reasonable degree of care is exercised to prevent disclosure to others. No one shall enter, or attempt to enter, any agreement with any person or entity that would bind the Watauga Group, without the prior written consent of Charles Osborne, CVO. No one will be permitted to disclose any intellectual property or knowledge gained as the result of employment with the Watauga Group unless instructed to disseminate such information in a written communication from Charles Osborne, CVO.
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those listed below. These duties and responsibilities may be modified at any time by Management. Modifications will be in writing and will be acknowledged by both parties.
- Oversee the preparation and coordination of assigned client’s media planning efforts with direction from the C-Team
- Participate in cross-office responsibilities and tasks by working in tandem with the C-Team and overseeing work assigned to planners and buyers in multiple offices
- Manage, mentor and motivate direct reports to encourage their professional development
- Provide supervision and guidance as needed and appropriate
- Accountable for all work product created by direct reports
- Set the tone and strategic direction of the team
- Lead the planning teams by use of planning tools including, but not limited to, MRI, SQAD, Media Audit, and SRDS
- Oversee implementation of approved plans
- Work with Planner/Supervisor to develop and negotiate RFPs for 3rd party media vendors to include valuations of proposals according to approved guidelines
- Partner with implementation teams, including agency partners, ensuring the planners and coordinators provide materials required to execute plans, including but not limited to, specs, buy recaps and added value summaries
- Review status reports on accounts
- Outline Key Plan Metrics and Strategies to achieve goals
- Present media plans, post analyses and other deliverables to clients
- Manage workflow, deadlines, and interactions with strategy team, creative partners, clients, and other external teams
- Provide higher level of insight and analysis to campaign performance by drawing insights and actions from data
- Build sound strategic framework focused on achieving the client’s business goals
- Understand and direct multiple user touch points that can influence creative and messaging strategies
- Own consumer insights and inspire tactical representations of strong, clear media strategies
- Manage planning resources
- Develop strategic partnerships with key partners, clients, partner agencies and peers
- Analytical/Strategic Thinking
- Communication/Written/Oral/Public Speaking/Presenting
- Client Service/Focus
- Conflict Resolution
- Creative Thinking
- Decision Making/Decisiveness
- Learning Support/Continuous Learning
- Problem Solving
- Teamwork/Cooperation/Working with Others