In the evolving world of streaming video, many acronyms are currently in use. OTT (Over The Top), CTV, Cross Platform Streaming Video, and Extension of TV are all terms applying to any tv that is not being viewed via cable or broadcast. 78% of all US Households are OTT subscribers and outnumbering cable viewers. It’s time to mix OTT into media buys!
Three of the top streaming/CTV/OTT vehicles currently in play are Hulu, Gamut, and Premion.
- Hulu is the oldest player of the group, having been in business for 10 years now, and is owned by Disney, 21st Century Fox, Comcast/NBCUniversal, and Time Warner.
- Hulu itself creates, streams, & sells tv series.
- A subsidiary of Cox Media Group, Gamut approaches the new CTV field with the extensive TV background of Cox.
- Gamut launched Real Delivery in 4Q ‘17. It is a commitment that clients will not be charged for invalid display impressions, as determined by long-time digital measurement provider, Moat.
- Premion, owned by Tegna (formerly the broadcast arm of Gannett), is sold by individual station reps, who consult with their digital specialists.
- Premion sells access to content across many platforms from providers including ABC, CBS All Access, Lifetime, Fox, CNN, HGTV, Bravo, and ESPN.
Were excited about this transition and we are quickly becoming experts in the field!