Watauga Group is seeking a Digital Media Manager who has a strong background in paid digital media with an emphasis on Paid Search. This role will be responsible for executing & managing performance driven campaign activation, analysis, optimization, and reporting. This is a client facing role working with both the client(s) and internal account teams. This position reports to the Digital Media Supervisor.
About Watauga Group
Founded 19 years ago, Watauga Group is a fiercely independent media agency specializing in providing the Outdoor Recreation and Attractions industry with media strategy, planning, and buying services. Grounded in our deep understanding of outdoor participants and attraction visitors, Watauga’s integrated media solutions drive increased sales and advertising ROI across today’s fragmented media landscape of Linear TV & OTT, Radio & Streaming Audio, Out-of-Home, Paid Search, Online Video, Digital Display, Paid Social, Print, and more.
Who We Are Looking For
You are an accomplished paid digital media manager, possessing hands-on expertise in one or more of the following channels: Search, Social, and Programmatic. You have an inquisitive and analytical mindset that powers you to comprehend campaign performance at a deep level, enabling the development of advanced strategies and results. Thriving in a completely remote setting, your self-motivation shines through, allowing you to adeptly juggle tasks and independently manage daily priorities. You also have a true passion and interest in outdoor recreation and working with companies that truly make life more enjoyable, rewarding, and healthy for millions of people every day.
What You Will Do
- Assist managing multiple clients with activation, management, analysis, optimization, and reporting for paid digital media campaigns across multiple platforms (Search, Social, and Programmatic)
- Maintain and optimize campaign performance at each applicable level (channel, tactic, audience, ad) based on client objective
- Conduct A/B testing and experiments to improve performance and overall campaign effectiveness
- Support and mentor coordinator and associate level digital team members with activation, management, optimization, tracking, and reporting
- Provide and present regular reports and performance insights to clients, highlighting key metrics, trends, and recommendations for improvement
- Collaborate with the Data Team to develop and monitor client reporting and dashboards
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Strategy and Media to bring a holistic approach to client management with strategy, planning, and optimization
- Assist with the billing process related to client digital media platform invoicing and reconciliation
- Assist with developing compelling ad copy, headlines, and extensions that align with client objectives and resonate with target audiences
- Independently seek out digital marketing industry news and platform updates with emphasis on sharing updates internally and externally
- Be a team player that is eager to collaborate, share knowledge, and solve challenges
- 2+ years of successful, demonstrated experience executing and managing paid digital media campaigns across Search, Social, and Programmatic platforms
- Minimum of 1-year hands-on experience with any of the following platforms. Certifications are a plus.
- Google Ads (Search, Display, YouTube, Discovery, Performance Max)
- Facebook Business/Ads Manager
- Paid Social – TikTok, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Snapchat, Reddit
- The Trade Desk DSP
- Display & Video 360 DSP
- Campaign Manager 360 Ad Server
- Google Analytics / GA4
- Google Tag Manager
- Pixel, Measurement, and Tracking experience is a plus
- Prior agency experience is a plus
- Strong analytical acumen to evaluate effectiveness of digital campaigns
- Strong written, presentation, and communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail and follow through
- Highly curious, asks great questions, and listens intently
- Ability to think on your feet and quickly adapt to changing requirements and needs
- A determined, self-starter who can deliver results independently using superior organizational, project management and problem-solving skills
- A personal passion and interest in outdoor activities, recreation, adventure travel, or enjoying attractions
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary+Bonus. Based on experience level and history of successful client engagements.
- Remote Work. Ability to work from home as an active and fully engaged member of the team.
- Flexible PTO. Take personal time off when and how long you need it to recharge and refresh.
- Paid Holidays. New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas
- Health Insurance. We offer 3 levels of medical insurance, including an HSA-eligible plan, and subsidize your monthly premium.
- Life & Disability Insurance. Watauga Group pays 100% of the premiums.
- 401K Benefits. We match 100% up to 3% employee contribution, and an additional 50% match up to 5%.
- Recreation Rebate. Receive a $250 annual rebate for recreational activities, accessories, or experiences.
- Tuition Reimbursement. Up to $5,250 per year for tuition and fees