Everything old is new again!
This could be the theme for the Fall 2017 Broadcast Network programs.
Back on the Air:
- Will & Grace
- American Idol
- …even new show Young Sheldon is a spin-off from The Big Bang Theory.
Only time will tell if this is a good move for the networks. Better to evoke warm memories of old programs or build something brand new? “One advantage of rebooting old shows is that there will be a built-in audience. These viewers are expected to at least sample the first show, then it is up to the network to make them want to tune back in,” states our Media Buying Supervisor, LeEllen Smith.
Others contending for the top Fall Spot:
- Sitcom 9JKL, starring Royal Pains’ Mark Feuerstein and tv icons Linda Lavin and Elliott Gould.
- ABCis banking on mystery drama Ten Days in the Valley with Kyra Sedgwick and comedy Alex, Inc. with Zach Braff (Scrubs) to bring in gold ratings.
- FOX has The Gifted, a new take on Marvel’s X-Men, slated to bring success to their Monday night lineup already kicked off by their successful Lucifer.
- The CW will bring are-imagined Dynasty to their Wednesday nights as one of their few new shows.
Besides Will & Grace, NBC is high on their Law & Order TrueCrime: The Menendez Murders, produced by successful Law & Order’s Dick Wolf.
View the Full Broadcast Schedule Here